Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Toto "Africa"


Toto's "Africa" brings back memories of driving around in my mom's Datsun during the hot summer as a kid, listening to AM radio since we lived so far in the boon-docks that FM radio was hard to get. I had kinda forgotten about this song until a few years ago when my boy Neighbour remixed it, Baltimore style. Since then I have been collecting soft rock re-edits and this awesome re-edit from Andrew Clarke really hit home for me. I love playing these types of edits and dropping the original in there somewhere and just mixing about.

Toto "Africa" AC Re-Edit
MP3

Nice Slice aka Neighbour "Hands Up for Africa"
Video by Video Killer JB

Neighbour's "Hands Up for Africa" was the inspiration behind me starting the Baffin Island label, and the reason I made a Baltimore version of Midnight Starr.

No comments:

Post a Comment