Friday, December 3, 2010

Fascinating Rhythms (Fortune Sound LIVE Promo Mix)



I don't post a ton of mixes on here, but this mix is one of the best I have heard this year. Dude just really kills it all over on this mix, sticking to the latin funk and breaks theme and doing it all LIVE. Seriously download this and support hommie.

"This Mix was recorded LIVE as a promo for my upcoming show at Fortune Sound in Vancouver, Dec.10th 2010

I spent a week listening through records in my collection and ripping them, I also used a few tunes that are only available digitally. It was performed in one take using: Scratch Live, 2 turntables, the Rane TTM57 mixer and 2 Novation 'DIcers'.
It's focus is on tribal rhythms which incorporate afro/latin/funk & swing styles, as well as newly produced music inspired by these styles. I hope you'll all enjoy listening to this mix as much as I enjoyed performing it."

Finally I wanted to send a shout out to my boy Tony as it is his Birthday today, and if your in DC this weekend come out to ESL on Saturday. Our boy Dj Soup from Homebreakin Records will be on the 1's and 2's all night. Frank and I will be posted up next to the booth, not wearing hard shoes.
Fascinating Rhythms (Fortune Sound LIVE Promo Mix) by THE GAFF

No comments:

Post a Comment