Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rockmaster Rus B Top Ten for 2010




Here are my top ten songs for 2010, there was a lot of good music out there this year but these are the jams that kept giving. As you can see I’m still feeling what some people would refer to as hipster, but for me these are just well written songs. Songs like “Static on the Wire” are really just well done disco in my eyes, and I really love me some funky disco bass-lines. Ghetto-Funk really made an impression on me this year as well, with the best songs being ghetto-funk remixes of classic hip hop. Also, Kraak & Smaak are back and better than ever with Dynamite, and I like that they offered two different remixes. Neighbour killed it with a bunch of releases this year, but the song I went back to the most was his un-released “Tiger Talking” track, full of his signature funky bass sound. Finally I really started to get into some of the glitch hop sound, with Opiuo really opening my eyes to the funkier side of glitch. So here it is, say what you will but all these songs rock.

1. Breakbot “Make You Mine” Sirusmo Remix
2. AKA JK “Someone Out there” KIM Remix
3. Holy Ghost “Static On the Wire”
4. Phoenix “Rome” Jus One Remix
5. Passion Pit “The Reeling” Calvin Harris Remix
6. Featurecast “Kick It!”
7. Ali B & Nick Thayer “Back to You”
8. Kraak & Smaak “Dynamite”
9. Neighbour “Tiger Talking”
10. Neighbour & Spilt Milk “Get With This” Opiuo Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment